A lot of times when people think about making better eating choices, they think they have to give up all of their favorite foods especially when it comes to carbs. If I don’t eat carbs I get cranky and things go downhill fast! I love salads and veggies but sometimes I just want a big damn sandwich or wrap without the corresponding bloat. Most bread and tortillas are super high in calories, fat, and refined carbs with very little nutritional value. I’m SUUUUUPER excited that I was able to find Joseph’s Lavash Bread on Amazon.com. These wraps are HUGE and nutritionally dense. Fill them with whatever you like for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a treat! Below is my favorite so far.
Macro Friendly Turkey Swiss Wrap
INGREDIENTS Makes 1 Wrap
- 1 Joseph’s Lavash Bread
- 3 Slices Aidell’s Chicken & Apple lunchmeat
- 1.5 Slices Reduced Fat Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 2 tsp Trader Joe’s Garlic Mustard Aioli
- 1 TBSP Walden Farms Honey Mustard Mayo
- 1 Slice pre-cooked Uncured Turkey Bacon (heated 30 sec in microwave)
- 3 Dill Pickle Sandwich slices
- 1 small handful chopped Romaine Lettuce or Baby Spinach
- 1/2 seeded and diced Roma Tomato
Lay the wrap out on a cutting board. Layer the 3 slices of chicken across the wrap short-ways leaving about 2 inches from the end (this will make it easier to roll everything up). Next lay the 3 half slices of cheese on top. Spread mustard and mayo on top of that, followed by the lettuce and tomatoes. Last, top with pickles and turkey bacon. Take the 2 inch flap left on the end, fold it over all the sandwich goodies and continue to roll tightly until you reach the end. Slice diagonally in half and enjoy!!